The City Cleaning team operates over a number of different shifts including morning, afternoon and night, seven days a week and provides the following services:
- BBQ cleaning
- beach sieving
- dog bag dispenser refills
- event support services
- flushing of footpath and road surfaces
- litter collection
- pavement scrubbing
- precinct and mall cleaning
- public space garbage collection
- rubbish and illegally dumped material collection
- street sweeping
- toilet cleaning.
Our City Cleaning services keep the Gold Coast looking pristine. We are responsible for:
- beaches along our 57 kilometre coastline
- foreshore, suburban and regional parks and reserves
- road networks
- central business districts (CBDs)
- public amenities in parks and streets (public toilets, barbeques, picnic and bus shelters)
- public rubbish bins at beaches, parks and streets (excluding former Albert Shire Council)
- collection and disposal of illegal dumping.
City Cleaning ensures all public areas around our city are kept clean. These include:
- 2269 kilometres of paths and walkways
- 3221 kilometres of roadways
- 800 kilometres of bikeways
- Cavill, Broadbeach and Southport malls
- 2390 public bins daily, removing 53 tonnes of rubbish per week
Approximately 25 cubic metres of rubbish/litter is removed from our beaches every week.
The City Cleaning service actively supports many major events such as:
- Clean Up Australia Day
- Anzac Day
- Cooly Rocks On Festival
- Monster Machinery Day
- Blues on Broadbeach Festival
- Jazz Festival
- Australian Surf Life Saving Carnival
- Gold Coast Marathon
- Swell Sculpture Festival
- Gold Coast 600 V8 Supercar Race
- Schoolies Festival
- New Year’s Eve and Australia Day celebrations.
The City Cleaning team meets regularly with organisers of major events to ensure adequate advice, service and support are provided throughout these events.
This support includes additional and specialised cleaning before, during and after the events. Many of these events are televised around the world and it is important that the event precincts and surrounding areas are presented in pristine condition.
City of Gold Coast ensures public facilities and barbecues in our high usage parks and foreshore areas are cleaned daily.
City officers strive to provide cleaning services in a reliable, quick and cost efficient manner across the Gold Coast.
Safe sharps bins
The City also provides sharps bins for disposal of used syringes at over 400 public amenities across the Coast. For more information about bin locations and reporting unsafe sharps in public bins, visit our Safe sharps bins page.
- Public barbecues
- Report a problem – City parks, trees and beaches
- Safe sharps bins
- Waste and recycling